Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 45: Telluride, CO to McPhee Reservoir, a few miles past Dolores, CO.

Miles today: 76.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am pleased to inform you that I have hauled myself over the Rockies in one piece. Of course, on our last and longest descent Mother Nature saw fit to have the wind blowing in our faces AND throw a storm our way, but we got through it. Breakfast this morning was expensive but delicious (best sourdough toast ever), lunch was expensive and not so delicious (worst veggie burger ever). Camping tonight in a nice man's yard, where I realized that I left my flip flops in Telluride this morning. Major disappointment. Karina, if you read this before you leave tomorrow, rescue them from the bathroom!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mallory and Lou!! Finally caught back up with your posting from being away last week and I'm still impressed about the kindness your finding in America. Someday maybe I can do this trek (probably not maybe by RV just kidding) but it is good to here your still chugging along and keeping the high spirits up. Keep biking girl. Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conquering the Rockies! What a milestone. Now it's the desert. Stay together more, make Lou do it. There was something else I was going to say, but I'm having brain freeze, so when I remember , I'll come back. Don't forget to sing Happy Birthday to Lou on the 1st! Love to you both, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now on to the Dessert! feep onpumpin! luvin your blog Mal. Uncle TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, girl! Make sure those water bottles are full. And do the sunscreen thing! I agree with Stephanie, make Lou stay with you more!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete