Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Day 31: Pittsburg, KS to Toronto, KS.

Miles today: 105. Total miles: 1922. Did our first century today between two cities with some pretty original names. Good job, Kansas. Managed to find the only semi-formidable hill in this state which of course picked pretty much the worst time to appear around mile 98.5, but don't worry, I showed it who's boss. Met two more eastbounders this morning, including the first one we've seen riding a recumbent, on top of three yesterday morning which brings our cyclist count to an even 50. Not much else to talk about from today; Kansas is quite boring actually. Nice people, but towns are few, far between, and tiny. Going through towns like these with only one convenience store in them makes me seriously wonder what these people are eating with no grocery stores anywhere around. Ridiculously tired from stomping out all those miles today, so I'm going to bed right about... now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mal -- I'm enjoying my geograpy lessons each day -- never have been in Missouri or Kentucky --never thought about the flatness of Kentucky -- nor about the cows watching you! Although, I do think about all of the birds that are probably keeping an eye on me as I work in the yard.
    Your progress is amazing.
    Love,
    GMom

    ReplyDelete