Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 43: Nowhere, CO to Montrose, CO.

Miles today: 68.

Wow... today kinda sucked. While going up a long hill with very little shoulder, it started to rain. Then it started to pour. Then it started to hail. The hail started really stinging, the next town was several miles away, and Lou was way ahead as usual and nowhere to be seen, so the only thing to do was pull over and cover up with the tent's rain fly. I have to say that I have definitely been much drier and MUCH warmer than I was for that lovely half hour crouching by the side of the road alone. The ride into town wasn't much more comfortable, and it was really fun to discover Lou having been at a cafe for the past hour. Dry.

Ok, so enough of the bad attitude: cool things for the day included having been mistaken for a goat by some other goats. At least I'm pretty sure that's what happened. They baaed at me as I rode by in a tone that made me believe they fully expected me to baa back. I could not, because I am in fact not a goat. Also, we spent the night in a real live tepee. Or teepee. Whatever. It was a first for me and was actually kind of exciting.

1 comment:

  1. That's the attitude Mal! Keep smiling even if you are getting soaked. You'll look back on this day and just say it really was nothing because most of the trip was a lot better. Love Ya and take care.

    ReplyDelete