Thursday, June 4, 2009

I had a brief moment of fun with Photoshop...

...and created this here picture showing the route we'll be taking: the Adventure Cycling Association's Trans-America until Pueblo, CO (where the dot in the middle is), and then rather than following the rest of the Trans-Am northwest to Oregon we're picking up the Western Express to San Francisco. I didn't feel like figuring out how to add the tiny amount of blue line connecting our starting point in Ocean City, MD to the beginning of the Trans-Am (because, being from Maryland, we aren't fooled into thinking Yorktown, VA is on the actual coast and not the Chesapeake Bay), but you get the idea.




Nine days until we leave for the trip, and getting pretty excited about it. Right now I'm off for another bike ride, because honestly, what else would I be doing (besides maybe studying for finals, but hey, I took one today already!)

UPDATE: Immediately after posting this, I went over to check Lou's blog and sure enough, he had already outdone me by doing this exact thing, adding the Ocean City to Yorktown part, labeling the beginning and ending points, and turning the whole thing green, which is pretty much exactly what I'd planned on doing when I had more time. Fantastic.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I finished the banner and hopefully made it different enough from yours to avoid looking too dorky...

    I did still make it green, cause it's my fave color too.

    ReplyDelete