Saturday, June 13, 2009

Family goodbye dinner, and Ocean City tomorrow!

Tonight we had family from both sides come over for dinner to say goodbye, which included the most important food group (to Maryland natives, at least): steamed crabs with Old Bay. Almost everyone was able to make it out and I'm really glad to have been able to see everyone before I left. Every time my family gets together I think about how lucky I am to be related to such amazing people, and tonight kinda blew my mind. Monetary donations and other gifts for the trip came from all sides, which was completely unexpected, and I'm incredibly grateful for everyone's generosity. Thanks, family!

Tomorrow my parents, sister and I will be driving down to Ocean City to meet Lou and his family and stay the night. We'll be dipping our rear wheels in the Atlantic (documenting it, of course) and leaving on Sunday morning from Ocean City on what hopefully won't be a too-stormy day. Tonight I'm finishing up with packing, and I'm actually surprised at how little I have. Pleasantly surprised. To say the least. As a result of all this packing, I've updated the equipment list, if you care to reread. If you don't care to reread, be assured that you won't be missing much.


2 comments:

  1. Good luck Lou and Mallory! I hope the weather stay's on your side most of the time to give you a pleasant but challenging journey. Post as many cool pictures as you can. This may be the only way most of us will see this beautiful nation close up. We'll pray for a safe journey home. Love Ya and see you in August,

    Uncle Don, Aunt Judie, Danny, Greg, Jeff, Kevin, and of course Gracie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mal--
    It's clear, sunny and a perfect day here on
    Greenway Road, and you are ON THE WAY ( I know because Kathy just called your Dad ).He also said that the weather in Ocean City is not this great -- hope it clears and is pleasant for your start---as well as for at least most of the trip.
    Love your Blog -- very interesting and informative -- Wish I were 20 years younger and I would (maybe) attempt it!!

    Love you!
    GMom

    ReplyDelete