Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 4: Mechanicsville, VA

I'll post the stats by text later on tonight when we get done. Right now I'm in a public library in Mechanicsville, Virginia. Feeling great today despite the rain and increasing hills because LOU THE BICYCLE GENIUS FIXED MY REAR DERAILER THIS MORNING!! Climbing is so much easier than it was yesterday. Have more energy than yesterday too; I think it has to do with the amazing facilities we were provided with last night in addition to having a better-functioning bike.

Other things to be happy about today: Drivers we've been sharing the roads with have been really courteous even with the lack of shoulders, everyone we've talked to has been super nice, and... wait for it... we've located the first Chinese food place, and it's right across from this library! We've both been craving Chinese and I'm pretty sure this is a sign that the world is on our side.

Sorry for the lack of pictures on all these posts so far. I'll make it more interesting when I can steal some of Lou's photos, since my camera is pretty much a useless weight in my left rear pannier at the moment. Kinda wish I knew why, but it's really not the worst thing that could happen.

More updates tonight. Thanks for all the comments so far!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mallory have a great and safe trip

    kye and mary jenkins

    cosmic dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mallory! Hope you and Lou are enjoying the ride - and staying dry! This is the first chance I have had to check out your blog - very nice. I enjoy your commentary and Lou's pictures. Love, Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete